Our LINE integration allows you to connect your LINE@ account (not personal LINE account) to chat with the customers and send targeted notifications. Before you can configure LINE to work with WhatsHelp, you’ll have to create a business account and a messaging API channel.
Creating a LINE Business Account
To create a LINE@ business account you first need to create a personal LINE account through a mobile app. If you already have a LINE@ business account, log in to LINE business section then skip to Creating a LINE@ Messaging API Channel.
After having signed up with your phone number, you will need to activate email registration and create a LINE@ business account.
Go to the More > Settings > Account > Email Account Registration. Enter your email address and password and click “Register”. LINE will send you an email to confirm your registration. Enter the verification code or select the URL sent to you via email. Once the verification is completed, tap OK.
Login to the LINE business section with the credentials entered previously. You’ll need your phone to log in.
Enter your account details, and confirm the registration by email.
Enter information about your business to complete the LINE@ business account registration.
Creating a LINE Messaging API Channel
To create a messaging channel, login to the LINE business section and go to the Account List. You can create a new LINE@ Messaging API account or add it to an existing LINE@ account.
1) For an adding the Messaging API to an existing LINE@ account go to the account profile page and press on "Start using Messaging API".
2) For a creating a new LINE@ Messaging API account press on "Create Business Account", select "Messaging API" and click “Start using Messaging API”. Enter your Account Name and other required information. Upload an icon if you desire and press on Apply.
3) Once the Messaging API account has been created go to the LINE@ MANAGER and in the bot settings, click “Enable API” and confirm.
4) In Bot Settings, “Don’t Allow” Group Chats, “Allow” Use webhooks, “Don’t Allow” Auto Reply Message and “Don’t Allow” Greeting Message.
You’re now ready to configure your LINE messaging account with WhatsHelp.
- Browse to the LINE developers page. In a separate browser tab, login to your WhatsHelp account.
- Visit the Setting page in the WhatsHelp account and press on "Add New button" in Channels section. Select LINE in the list of integrations.
- In the LINE developers page, click the Channel Access Token “Issue” button and paste this, as well as the Channel Secret into the respective fields in the WhatsHelp integration window. Click "Continue" and wait 3-5 sec while new channel is being created. After that, you will see a window with the next steps.
- Copy the webhook URL displayed on the STEP3 in the window. Go to the tab with a Line Developer page.
In the account settings click on “EDIT” at the bottom of your
botsettings in LINE, paste the provided Webhook URL and click “SAVE”.
If you already have allowed Webhooks in the account settings, just skip STEP 4. Press on "Continue" in the window.
Nou can now add your channel to your list of friends by scanning the QR code displayed in the LINE bot settings, and talk directly to it via WhatsHelp.